It’s safe to say that pancakes are America’s favorite breakfast. But since butter, eggs, and milk are key ingredients, vegans can’t eat them. So, we came up with a delicious, delicious plant-based recipe for fluffy VEGAN pancakes topped with our Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Wholesome Bar, for vegans and non-vegans to enjoy!
1 ½ cup white flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp cane sugar
1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or non-dairy butter
1 can full fat coconut milk (for topping)
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, and then fold together.
- Incorporate everything well, but don’t over mix. Clumps are normal.
- Pre-warm a frying pan with a thin layer of vegan butter.
- Cook each side of the pancakes until golden brown.
- Take only the top thick layer of full fat coconut milk (shouldn’t hear liquid moving when you shake the can) and whip with a mixer until fluffy.
- Top pancakes with coconut cream, chopped Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Wholesome Bars and maple syrup (and anything else your heart desires).